HOME RENOVATION DESIGN
| Feasibility Package |
We discuss your needs, budget and design inspiration to turn this renovation project into your dream home.
I discuss packages available, depending on how much guidance you need. I pride myself on a friendly and approachable manner and the amount of work you engage me to do, is completely up to you.
From this information I form the basis of the design brief and outline how we can collaborate together to achieve your contemporary holistic home.
| Concept Package |
Site measure is required, internal interior measurements are done by myself, extra consultants such as site surveyor and or/engineer/ building consultants may also be required. I then collaborate with you via pinterest to uncover your style, and develop the conceptual design layouts.
- existing site plan and existing floor plan
- Conceptual floor layout plans
- Concept board of materials/ finishes & design inspiration, this creates a cohesive colour and materials palette.
- Meeting to discuss both concepts and decide on the best design ideas based on your lifestyle needs.
| Design Development |
Once we have selected a concept showing the extent of the renovation. I can go into more detail to get an approx. construction cost. This stage I may also be collaborating with a number of consultants such as building/ site surveyor, engineer, council.
- existing site plan and existing floor plan
- a concept floor layout plan with 3d views where needed.
- Look at a detailed plan of Kitchen and open plan living with materials.
- Look at a detailed plan of wet area rooms, bathroom, ensuite & laundry
- Look at flooring material, floor boards, tiles and carpet. As this will be an impactful material that will set the tone of the whole Renovation.
| Construction Documents |
Based on the approved Design Development drawings, I prepare Construction Documents consisting of drawings and specifications ready for filing with the Building Department and for construction by a registered builder.
Construction Documents shall include;
- Architectural Floor Plans delineating the existing construction, demolition, Site plans, new construction, and the cross referencing of details and sections on subsequent drawings.
- Power and Data Plans showing electrical outlets, telephone, cable and internet locations.
- Reflected Ceiling Plans indicating placement of ceiling-mounted, wall-mounted and recessed lighting fixtures, with associated switching arrangements, and locations for required smoke detectors.
- Finish plumbing fixture locations.
- Building Elevations at each exterior facade showing the existing residence with the proposed new construction including notes indicating finishes, materials and any special conditions.
- Details, Sections, Schedules, different aspects of the design relating to construction and/or code requirements. These details are essential in conveying the design concept to the Builder and to the Building Department.
Then once the construction drawings are approved, the project moves into the bidding/ tendering phase. This is where I submit (if required) tenders off to various builders to get a firm quotation on the construction cost.
| Tendering & Council Submission |
In this stage I’m preparing the documents for tendering out for builders quotations. Which will include:
- Preparing and distributing the Construction Documents to each Bidder selected by the Client
- Coordinating and attending a pre-bid “walk-though” meeting with the Bidders (as required)
- Addressing Bidder’s questions and issuing clarifications and/or addenda (as required)
- Assisting the Client with the evaluation of the bids
- Assisting the Client with the awarding of the contract for construction
In this stage I am also submitting your application to local council or a design compliance officer. The Design Compliance Consultant issues the Certificate of Design Compliance BA03 to form part of the certified Building Permit Application BA01 to the Permit Authority.
| Construction Admin & Interior Design Phase |
In this phase I liaise between the builder and yourself, meet on site to go over any questions the builder needs clarification on. Sometimes Renovations need quick decisions made in a timely manner and this is my role to help you through this process.
This stage we can also look at the interior fit -out of your renovation – See our Interior Design Service page. The soft furnishings, curtains, window treatments, furniture, paint colours, rugs and homeware accessories to tie the whole concept together cohesively.